A nine-year girl was airlifted to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center late Monday afternoon after she suffered burns to her arms, hands and portions of her torso. Claremont Police say that Emergency Services were called to 31 Severance Street for a report of a nine year old girl on fire. The fire was extinguished prior to the arrival of the EMS. Golden Cross took the child to Valley Regional where she was airlifted to D.H.M.C. It is believed the fire started from the child trying to light a candle with a lighter.