One Killed in Raymond Fire- Updated Nov. 10

fireflamesNew Hampshire State Fire Marshal J. William Degnan, Raymond Police Chief David Salois, and Raymond Fire Chief Kevin Pratt said that an early Saturday morning fire in the town of Raymond has claimed the life of 55 year old William Duquay of Raymond. The fire occurred in a single-family manufactured home located at 37 Regina Ave. in Raymond. The fire was reported at approximately 1:30 a.m. by a neighbor across the street when they discovered smoke coming from the home. Both neighbors and first responders attempted to enter the residence and rescue the victim. Efforts were hampered by a large amount of clutter inside the home that was blocking doors. The fire department extinguished the fire and discovered the victim deceased inside the home.

The cause of his death has been ruled accidental due to smoke inhalation.  The fire investigation has revealed that Mr. Duguay was using a small charcoal grill for cooking or heating in the living room of his home which caused the fire because of its close proximity to combustibles.  No working smoke detectors or carbon monoxide detectors were found in the home.  The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental.

 

Tagged with: , , ,
Posted in Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>