Claremont Barn Fire Estimated at $60,000

A swift moving fire destroyed a barn, pick-up truck and ignited a small section a neighboring barn in Claremont on Friday evening. Officials say damage to the Michael Cooke’s property at 456 Chestnut Street is estimated to be $60,000. A brief examination of the site determined that the property owner inadvertently caused the fire by operating a burn pit too close to the building in addition the burn pit had not been inspected and there was no permit issued for burning. Newport Fire Department aided Claremont at the scene and Ascutney VT and Cornish Fire Departments covered the Claremont Fire Station

Tagged with: , ,
Posted in Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>