17- Month Old Died in Fire Started by Cooking Oil

fireflamesOfficails say that 17-month-old Garrett Grice died as a result of smoke inhalation in a fire caused by oil igniting on the kitchen stove. The cooking oil was ignited when a burner on the stove was turned on by a child. The mother was unaware that a child had turned on the stove burner and she left the residence for several minutes with that child to see a relative across the street. 17-month-old Garrett Grice was alone in the residence and sleeping in his crib in a bedroom when the fire occurred.
State Fire Marshal William Degnan stated that unattended cooking is one of the leading fire death causes in New Hampshire. He encourages the public to never leave food cooking on the stove or in the oven unattended and children should be kept away from cooking appliances

Tagged with:
Posted in Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>