The NH State Police, as part of the NH Driving Toward Zero Coalition, joins with other state, local and county safety officials in offering these simple tips to help New Hampshire residents enjoy a safe and festive holiday without jeopardizing their own lives and the lives of others:
- Plan a safe way home before the festivities begin;
- Before drinking, designate a sober driver and give that person your keys;
- If you’re impaired, use a taxi, call a sober friend or family member, or use public transportation so you are sure to get home safely;
- Use your community”s “Sober Rides” program, where available;
- If you notice a vehicle operating erratically and suspect an impaired driver, contact law enforcement by calling 911
- If someone you know is about to drive while impaired, take his or her keys and help him or her make arrangements to get home safely.