President Obama Grants Major Disaster Declaration for 5 NH Counties

President Obama has granted A Major Disaster Declaration to NH to cover infrastructure repair, emergency protective measures, emergency response costs and the cost of debris removal for Belknap, Carroll, Coos, Grafton and Sullivan counties.
Previously NH received an Emergency Declaration to cover the costs of emergency protective measures for Cheshire, Hillsborough, Merrimack, Rockingham and Strafford counties.
Governor Lynch also requested debris removal for the five southern counties, but the request was not granted.
All 10 New Hampshire counties are eligible for Hazard Mitigation funds that cover costs for projects intended to reduce future disaster damage.
Federal assistance for disaster aid programs covers 75 percent of eligible costs. State and local jurisdictions are responsible for the remaining 25 percent.

Tagged with: ,
Posted in Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>