Troops to Trucks for Veterans

Veterans living in NH with experience driving heavy-duty military vehicles can now obtain a Commercial Driver’s License without taking the costly CDL road test. Troops to Trucks is a new program from NH Motor Vehicle Department to help veterans get their commercial drivers license by allowing qualified veterans to apply for a waiver of the CDL road test and obtain their license by passing just the written exam.
To be eligible for the road test waiver, veterans:

  • Must be actively serving or be within 180 days of honorable or general discharge
  • Must be a New Hampshire resident
  • Must have Commanding Officer’s certification on form DSMV 609
  • Must successfully pass the required CDL knowledge (written) exam
  • Must list all driving offenses during the past two years for both military and civilian licenses
Tagged with: , ,
Posted in Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>