Veterans living in NH with experience driving heavy-duty military vehicles can now obtain a Commercial Driver’s License without taking the costly CDL road test. Troops to Trucks is a new program from NH Motor Vehicle Department to help veterans get their commercial drivers license by allowing qualified veterans to apply for a waiver of the CDL road test and obtain their license by passing just the written exam.
To be eligible for the road test waiver, veterans:
- Must be actively serving or be within 180 days of honorable or general discharge
- Must be a New Hampshire resident
- Must have Commanding Officer’s certification on form DSMV 609
- Must successfully pass the required CDL knowledge (written) exam
- Must list all driving offenses during the past two years for both military and civilian licenses