State Fire Marshall Warns of Gas Tubing Causing Fires

Flexible stainless steel tubing used for gas lines in homes and buildings since the early nineties, is presenting a severe fire hazard from lightning strikes near a home, if not properly grounded. State Fire Marshal J. William Degnan announced on Monday and attributes the tubing to eight moderate to severe structural damage fires since 2008.
The tubing is used for installations of natural and propane gas and is indentified by a yellow coating. It was used in renovations, piping system replacement, upgrades, and new appliance installations. The Fire Marshall urges building owners to have gas systems inspected by a New Hampshire licensed fuel gas fitter specially trained to identify and correct any problems in the systems.
For more information, building owners can contact their local fire department, the State Fire Marshal’s Office at 223-4289 or, or visit the CSST website at

Posted in Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>